Monday, November 30, 2009

In which I learn to knit toe-up socks.

I am very excited that I have finally learned how to do toe-up socks. I tried several times in the past but became too frustrated. I have always given up, ripped it out and started again from the top. Yesterday, I did it and it looks o.k.! Some of the stitches aren't quite even around the toe but it is passable.




I found these instructions to be helpful : Eastern cast-on.

But Lord help me, this is superfine yarn on size one needles. TINY! 72 stitches per round. This will take some time.

I have used self-stripping yarns before without success. The people I knit for have big feet and the strips usually wind up looking more like splotches or puddles. I am hopeful that this particular yarn will turn out to be stripy. So far, not too bad.


No comments: